1/4 Scale PA-18 Super Cub PNP by Hangar 9 (HAN4975)
- Experience Level: Intermediate
- Plane Type: Scale Civilian
- Interior Detail: Interior Cockpit Detail Kit (HAN454019, available)
- Flaps: Operational
- Floats: Optional (HAN4580)
- Pilot Figure: Full Body Pilot, 25% (included)
- Flying Weight: 7.50–8.40 kg (16.5–18.5 lb)
- Fuel Type: Gas/Petrol
- Landing Gear: Fixed with bungee shock absorption
- Wheels: ¼-scale Cub wheels (included)
- Wingspan: 269 cm (106.0 in)
- Wing Area: 150 sq dm (1630 sq in)
- Length: 173 cm (68.0 in)
- Transmitter: 7+ channel (required)
- Receiver: 9-channel (recommended)
- Servos: (8) Spektrum A6180 digital, metal gear
- Rec. Receiver Bat.: 6.0V 2150–4500mAh Ni-MH
- Trim Scheme Colors: UltraCote White (U870), Deep Blue (U873)
- Engine: Evolution 33GX, 33cc gas/petrol engine (included)
- Rec. Ignition Bat.: 6.0V 2150–4500mAh Ni-MH
- Propeller: 17 x 8 by Evolution engines (included)
- Spinner Size: 2½″ painted CNC spinner (included)
- Navigation Lights: Optional, ready to install
- Center of Gravity: 102-121mm (4-4.75 in) back from the leading edge at wing root
- Rec. Environment: Outdoor
- Includes an Evolution® 33GX gas engine with muffler
- Spektrum™ digital aircraft servos installed
- Top quality balsa/light plywood construction
- Genuine Hangar 9® UltraCote® film covering
- Functional flaps
- Folding wing struts for easy transport
- Full-body pilot figure
- Functional cockpit door
- Realistic Super Cub wheels
- Functional, bungee-type suspension on main gear
- Scale, painted aluminum spinner
- Painted fiberglass cowl with molded panel lines
- Realistic instrument panel
- All hardware included
- Float ready (Hangar 9 ¼-scale Cub float kit-sold separately)
Back country airstrips, remote mountain lakes, alpine glider ports - wherever adventure requires wings, chances are the Piper Super Cub is there. Since 1949 its rugged construction, impressive payload and marvelous short-field performance have made it a mainstay for bush pilots. Even now, over half a century later, it remains the plane of choice for many who follow the road less traveled.
This beautiful, ¼-scale Plug-N-Play® version of the Super Cub has been expertly modeled in stunning detail. Almost every line and curve mirrors the real thing, right down to the shape of the fillet where the fuselage meets the vertical stab. Every control surface, including the flaps, features a metal-gear Spektrum™ digital servo so that setup is easy. The included Evolution® 33GX gas engine is ready to bolt into place with the provided in-cowl exhaust so you get reliability that offers power to spare.
All you need to provide are the batteries, receiver and transmitter to enjoy great flight performance. Like the full-scale version, this model has functional flaps that give it amazing short-field takeoff and landing abilities. It also possesses the same easy-going flight characteristics, but will eagerly perform sport aerobatics, even when using the optional Hangar 9 floats.
The ¼-Scale PA-18 Super Cub PNP is part of the complete line of top-quality Hangar 9® aircraft and accessories. All are engineered and crafted to exacting standards and feature the finest components and materials. Plus, every Hangar 9 product comes with the after-sale service and technical support you need to succeed.
FOLDING WING STRUTS
The accurately modeled wing struts fold up against the wing when disconnected for easy transport. Quick-connect strut pins are used so that no tools are needed for field assembly.
SCALE LANDING GEAR WITH WORKING SUSPENSION
This working recreation of the o-ring bungee landing gear used on the full-scale Super Cub will soak up bumps during ground operations just like the real thing.
The functional flaps allow you to enjoy the same short-field takeoff and landing performance that full-scale Super Cub pilots do.
PAINTED FIBERGLASS COWL AND ALUMINUM SPINNER
Both the incredibly detailed cowl and scale-looking aluminum spinner come painted like you see here.
WORKING, SPLIT-FOLD COCKPIT DOOR
The magnetically secured cockpit door can be left open during flight, just like on the full-scale version. Through the lower cockpit door, the factory installed radio and ignition switches can be easily reached.
BUILT-IN MOUNTS FOR OPTIONAL FLOAT KIT
Hard points for mounting the Hangar 9 ¼-scale Cub float kit (sold separately) are already built into the fuselage.
OPTIONAL FULL-DEPTH COCKPIT
Your Super Cub will really stand out on the ramp when you add the optional full-depth cockpit (sold separately).
OPTIONAL LED LIGHTS
The model's wing and fuselage have been designed to make it easy to route the wiring for LED lights (sold separately). Clear light covers are also included.
Included and Needed to Complete
- Recommended: Spektrum™ DX9 9-channel DSMX® transmitter (SPMR9900)
- Required: 5+ channel full range transmitter
- Recommended: Spektrum AR9020 9-channel DSMX X-Plus™ receiver (SPMAR9020)
- Required: 5+ channel receiver
RECEIVER & IGNITION BATTERY
- Recommended: (2) Spektrum 6.0V 2700mAh Ni-MH (SPMB2700NM)
- Required: 6.0V 2150–4500mAh Ni-MH
- Included: (8) Spektrum A6180 digital, metal gear (SPMSA6180)
- Included: Evolution 33GX, 33cc (2.0 c.i.) gas/petrol engine (EVOE33GX) with in-cowl muffler (EVOM4)
- Included: Evolution 17 x 8 propeller (EVO17080)
- Included: Hangar 9 Painted Aluminium Spinner: 1/4 Super Cub (HAN454013)
- Included: Hangar 9 Full Body Posable Pilot, 25% (HAN4566)
- Hangar 9 1/4-Scale Cub Floats (HAN4580)
- Hangar 9 Interior Cockpit Detail Kit: 1/4 Super Cub (HAN454019)